Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our little Lyme...


Despite our best efforts, my veterinary technician training and more money than anyone should spend on a pet, Meli has contracted Lyme disease. I can't help but blame this new development on Mike's and my love for summer camping in New England. There are more than our share of creepy crawlies here and apparently they got the best of us... and our Frontline treatments. Thankfully, she is doing quite well considering and we are feeling bad for calling her a "drama queen". This announcement came as quite a shock, seeing as how Meli has somehow in her short little life already had dental surgery, vaginitis, an unidentifiable eye problem and a broken tail... oh the things we do for a face like this.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oh that poor baby! She really does need some TLC. Looking at that face really does make me want to give her a kiss.

Dorey said...

What the heck is Vaginitis? Do I even want to know? ha. I hope she gets better soon. Cute blog, I'm glad you finally joined in. TTYL