There have been a lot of breakouts of the H1N1 virus here in the east. Many schools have shut down and we have had an increasing number of students and staff out with flu-like symptoms. I was one of these cases and have been couch bound for the last few days. I work at a school for the Deaf which serves many students with multiple disabilities and compromised immune systems. Needless to say we were all concerned when we heard of two confirmed cases at our school, wondering when they would shut us down... well WE ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED woohooo. Now, not to say that I am happy that some people are suffering with this illness but for the rest of us (I am feeling much better) this is a MUCH needed 5 day vacation. We had so many snow days this year that we actually go until June 26th!! We luckily do NOT have to make up these days and as luck would have it, this is the week my parents are coming to visit. Thanks universe for working that out for me... I needed a little lift ;o)
Oink Oink
3 comments:
we hope that the packing and all that stuff that comes with moving is going well - enjoy the 5 days off and the last bit of time to tour "the city"!!
The health department had to come and clean our Chapel the other day because one of the kids in a different ward was diagnosed with swine flu and had played with the toys in the nursery. fun fun fun. =) I'm glad that you didn't have swine flu and that you get to have a little vacation!
HA-loved the post. When I had the flu recently everyone thought I had the Swine Flu. Ben wanted me to pick out a few spots in the house where I could sit or rest and only stay in those spots. Haha Isn't he so sweet.;)
Post a Comment