Sunday, February 21, 2010

New House

We have been scouting areas around the Springs since we got here in Aug and have been constantly looking online at different houses, trying to find just the right one. I have been looking forward to having our own space for as long as we have been married and am thrilled to FINALLY be in our new home!! No family members living below us, no noisy neighbors above us and no more apt living! This house was actually the first house that we saw in person. I knew that I loved it the moment that I walked in and had a hard time looking at anything else because it just did not compare to how I felt about this one. We decided just to go with our gut and offer- I have been pretty tight lipped about the whole thing just because I was so afraid something would fall through and I would be too disappointed. We went through a very lengthy negotiation process and some ups and downs with different things, but in the end we closed this past Friday and we couldn't be happier about the decision. My two awesome brothers came to help out with the moving (during a bad snow storm) and we got everything moved over in just a few trips. It wasn't until we started putting things up that I realized how ridiculously small and dorm-room our tiny apt furniture looks in this beautiful house, but we now have the time to fill it up little by little. I am super excited to start thinking about decorations and fun paint and of course finding something to SIT ON haha... so cheers to our very first home and many happy memories to be made here. Enjoy the pictures



4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, it's gorgeous! Derrick and I'll be 40 before we have our own home. Congrats!

erin said...

it is beautiful! i love the fireplace ... and the color of the cabinets and floors! can't wait to see more pictures!

Allyson said...

Congrats! The house is beautiful and I'm sure it will get filled with furniture and other things before you know it!

Mer said...

Sweet! I love it Abby! I'm so happy for you guys!