Bree and Eric finally were able to make it here for a visit!! Bree had only come once before since we moved here last Aug. but it was during the coldest week on record last December for Jonathan's funeral. I think she thought that this was the coldest place on Earth and it wasn't very convincing to get her to come back. Thankfully we have had a beautiful fall season and so the girls were able to come and experience some cooler weather, leaves changing and fall activities. I go and visit my sister all the time but having their whole family come to my house was a whole new experience. Mike and I are set in our ways, we keep the house just so, we have TV that we watch regularly and we are used to going to bed and waking up on our time table. For a couple that is considering getting into the "kid" game soon, we were pretty floored at the energy and lack of control there was when these three tornadoes got here. How do you handle basically just following little people around, making sure they aren't
1. writing on your walls with marker (which we failed at)
2. finding every dangerous thing that you never knew was dangerous until it is in their mouth or they are running away with it
3. The real and present danger of STAIRS EVERYWHERE IN MY HOME
4. And the fact that rugs under dining tables and play-dough on brand new upholstered chairs do NOT mix
I teach kids all day, every day. I understand the energy that it takes to keep them occupied and I change more diapers than anyone I know.... but doing that when you get home too?? How will I EVER adjust/survive/sleep/have a house that doesn't look like an episode of hoarders???
We had a fabulous time and I love my girlies more than anything... we went to the Cave of the Winds (which we got kicked out halfway through because of the screaming baby). We went to the zoo and the water park and carved pumpkins... so much fun and I am so totally exhausted...
:o)




4 comments:
Ha ha! I know what you mean. The nice thing though, is that by the time you have three you have pretty much adapted to the chaos. All the noise my kids make has really just become background noise. I hardly even notice it anymore. :) Unless, it gets too quiet...then I know somethings up.
Sounds like a fun week! You're such a great Auntie. :)
;) sounds like fun!! and i do agree with becca. you will definately adjust. it wont be just all of a sudden you have 3 kids tearing the house apart. you'll have a sweet little infant that cant even get around, and the more they move around the more you'll adjust and adapt. you'll see, its not as overwhelming as it seems, i swear :)
Love your post Abby!! The nice thing is, you will not start out with 3 in the beginning, but slowly work your way there one at a time!! What a difference that makes in coping form day to day! You are going to be an exceptional mom! You already have way more "experience" than any of us did when we had our first babies.
Cute kiddos! :) I can totally understand how you feel.. but its different when they are yours.. an instant love like no other! :) cant wait to see how beautiful your kiddos will be! :)
Post a Comment