So, it has been quite awhile since I posted... and for good reason. Half the month of November, the month of December and now Jan have been a blur at best... but realistically... non-existent. Thanksgiving was a terrible time of loss and a test of our faith and love as a family when my cousin Jonathan (30) was taken from us in a terrible car accident. In other families where cousins are practically strangers that meet up once in a blue moon, this may not have caused the same heartbreak. But for those of you that truly know the Keislings... we are a very large group of practically siblings. These "brothers" of mine have been around for every holiday and major event in my life since always. Our family is missing an important piece and we will never be quite whole again. We are so lucky and thankful to have his amazing wife Brie to hug and share memories with. She is stronger than I could ever be and I my heart is shattered for her every day without him. I find solace in the fact that he was able to sustain multiple other lives with the gracious gift of organ donation.. the thought of Jon living on in others makes me smile. I am thankful that our family was able to come together after Christmas at our annual Quail Hunt camp to share stories, songs and tears. It was healing for everyone and Jonathan's presence was so strong in the flames of our campfire- his spirit surrounded us all. I know that we will heal in time and remember this holiday season tenderly because it reminded us of the precious and fragile lives that we share together on earth. God has been so gracious to grant us this time together and I would not trade a soul for the family that I have been blessed with.
So now looking into the new year I am hopeful and trying to hold on to the things that matter most... We have exciting things to come as Mike and I look at houses and hope to truly settle here in Colorado Springs. I am looking forward to the spring time and the newness and life that it brings.
Be thankful for those in your lives... wives- go hug your husbands and pray for those that miss theirs. and always ALWAYS wear your seatbelt.

Jon and his wife Brianna

many of the family members at Punkin' Center- Quail Camp 09

Me and Brie at Quail camp lookin' good!
2 comments:
Abby, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is amazing and humbling to see how quickly loved ones can be taken away from us. I found your post inspiring and I'm going to go hug Ben right now! Love you!
Im so sorry about your cousin! Its sad how we take advantage of our loved ones everyday! Is it sad that I think I know where punkin center is- trevors parents have a cabin (well, more like a trailer in the desert) in tonto basin.. we have to drive by the punkin center bar to get to their place- we just got home from there! Is that the same place? Im excited for you buying your own place! Good luck- & post some pictures of it! :)
Post a Comment