Can anyone else hear my enthusiasm in posting this dreaded blog? Yes folks, it is that lovely time of year again. When teachers head back into their classrooms to begin the time honored tradition of putting the pieces back together. As school ends in June teachers tend to shove, cram and basically hide all of their treasured belongings in an effort to well... get the hell out of there! This seems like a great idea until the first day of setting up your room and things are stashed in God-forsaken places. I can not for the life of me figure out where I put some of the things I stayed up late into the night making. This year is different from my previous years because I have been "promoted" to the actual science classroom of the elementary. If you don't understand why I would be the science teacher for the elementary and not have the science classroom, well then you just don't understand the school that I work for! Us teachers at HMS are a scrappy breed. You eventually learn the street skills necessary to steal classroom furniture, the best way to clean mouse poop off of everything and not not be phased by bullet holes in your classroom windows. It is a tough job... and Im not sure why I am still doing it. :o)
So, in order to move classrooms I had to clean up what the previous teacher (of 30 years) had left for me... what a job. And can I just say that I have the nicest, hardest working and most understanding husband of all time? He came in after working a full day in order to move huge bookcases, clean mouse turds and endure a closet FULL of 30 years of crap... oh love...
so here are some before and after pics of the endeavor... let the school year BEGIN!!
2 comments:
Don't you love how whatever you're involved in the hubby is too, whether they like it or not. Every time I start something poor Ben is my "go to guy." The classroom looks great, and I bet you're an amazing teacher.
I love that about husbands! I volunteer Dan all the time and I'm sure he hates it I can't help it "Dan can help you with that" just rolls off the tongue! =) You are the cutest teacher and your classroom looks great. =)
Post a Comment