Saturday, May 16, 2009

changes

So I can FINALLY spill the beans now that things are official... I got a great job in Colorado Springs as the director/teacher or the early childhood program at the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind. I am so incredibly stoked about this opportunity and can't wait to rise to the challenge. We will be leaving Boston on the 5th of July and driving all of our meager belongings out to "the springs". The move will be oh so bitter sweet because I have loved Boston and all of my wonderful friends here so much. Now that the change is upon us, I can't help but think about 6 years ago when I first came to this city to decide on grad school. All the things that captured my heart are the things that I will miss every day while in the west. The gorgeous trees and flowering plants, the gruff but warm people, the history and culture of pride... We are ready to start this new chapter in our lives and hope that it brings new wonderful things but it could never take the place of all of the people here... So wish us luck and I will be updating you as we get closer. Cheers to change and new challenges.
Here are a few pics of recent events... Kaitlyn and Eric's visit, my 28th birthday and gorgeous Boston in the springtime




8 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, Congratulations Abby! Colorado Springs is so beautiful. Your new job sounds exciting. What's Mike going to be doing there?

Moore Minutes said...

Yea! Congrats on an incredible job. I've been waiting to hear how it went. ;) Loved reading this post too. There is something SO beautiful in life experiencing each place that you call home for a season. You described your Boston home so well. Life is much richer when we appreciate the little things like "gruff but warm people" and the flowering plants, etc. I would love to visit Boston someday! Great experiences you've had...good luck on your future...

Mer said...

That's is such great new Abby! Congrats on the new job and congrats to your hubby on the Boston marathon. You guys are an amazing couple. Well, maybe this year we'll be able to see you! We're going to try to make the PHS reunion. TTYL!

erin said...

colorado springs - east versus west! wow. congrats from all of us. it is too bad that scott's sister is moving there (end of june) and then you guys are leaving. well, who knows if we will even get out to see them, but heres hoping! as for signing time - i have one of the dvds...but i need to get on with the first signs/basic ones! thanks.

Dorey said...

I love Colorado! You'll be so close {and yet so far away}. =) Changes are good and I'm excited to see what comes next for you guys. =)

Jodi said...

Oh Congrats!! You will be so much closer to family! :) I am proud of you!! Who would have thought youd be so successful- it must have been that summer jamming to TLC in your bedroom!! haha! :)

Allyson said...

Congratulations! The job sounds like an awesome opportunity and I'm sure the other changes will also be for the good. You guys deserve it!

Jaylene said...

sounds like you'll be a little closer to family so thats good! is that bree's daughter? i seriously havent talked to her in FOREVER! tell her i say hello next time you talk to her!!