Saturday, February 5, 2011

letting go

"If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again." ~Flavia Weedn

Our little one is gone... it fought so hard but just couldn't keep up with the demands of this earth. I am comforted that our first child will never have to suffer or worry and that we will reunited someday. I had a D&C surgery yesterday that was painful physically and emotionally and even though I am feeling like an empty, painful shell of a person... I am grateful for some closure and to know that I can give myself permission to start truly grieving and healing.
I know that I would not be holding it together without the prayers for strength and support from my friends and family, so thank you all...
Hopefully after the pain eases, I will start to feel like myself again.
Goodbye for now my little fighter, your mommy and daddy loved you when you were just a flicker and we will love you and remember you always.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Thanks for the update. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Beautiful post.

Jen said...

I'm glad you had the courage to post about this experience so we could all be mindful of you and Mike at this time.

Our prayers for your emotional and physical healing will continue.

erin said...

our hearts are breaking right now -- and have a bit of light that you are doing better. we do hope and pray that you and mike will be able to heal together!